Wednesday 5 March 2014

Perspectives

It used to be that I was hurt when people I liked would push me away. I could never understand it. And just today, during the morning commute on the bus and subway I got past that a little. Look at it this way: if you bend over to pick up a little thing, you appear huge to that little thing. If you smile, it just means your teeth are all too apparent - maybe they're sharp too!
If you crowd people they will automatically retreat. If you insist on pushing forward they will run away screaming or punch you in the face. Lesson: you have only yourself to blame if you overwhelm someone.
It helps no one if you try to downsize yourself to match the smaller people. You'll get cramps all over! You'll look weird. And you still won't fit.
So stand up. Stand tall.  You'll see a beautiful world when your head pushes through that cloudy ceiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment