Tuesday 25 March 2014

Sharing some mental tangents :)

A tangle of spitting electric wires. Sparking of each other. Making fires perhaps. Burning themselves. But producing no durable light. Far better to straighten oneself out and produce our own electric light. Shining for ourselves and others. True we can get hot  to the touch. :)  But still.

It was something I had picked up long ago. Straighten your spine. Pull yourself up.  I'd somehow connected the two. I only realized that when I was reading about a Tai Chi exercise.  The authors stressed that shoulders should never be hunched up or forward.  Always rolled back and down.  How strange.  I tried it out. It felt good. It also looked good. And it took away pressure from the spine and neck. How strange and wonderful.  And I wondered.  What other misconceptions have I picked up along the way of my life.  Pause for thought.

There's an order to math or in math that is comforting on a very basic level. 

Calling something a "system" is very misleading. Government system. Education system. It indicates a desired orderliness.  A required end result. It herds us to the idea that robotic obedience is our duty. Even God does not require that of us. In fact we are told to think, consider, observe, question, etc. over and over almost in every page. Obey only when our true heart's mind approves.  After consideration.  If it agrees with the moral compass we are born with. There is no rigid system: it is a continuous choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment