Wednesday 19 February 2014

Do you notice what your thumbs do?

My left thumb always covers the right one, so today I decided to reverse them. To give the left a rest from guard duty, and the right a chance to prove itself. [now isn't that a strange choice of words! guard duty? prove itself?? ] So I put the right on top. My mind took off on a different train of thought for a while. When it came back I found the left in its habitual place, firmly on top. Hmm. Reverse them.
I spent most of my morning commute doing that.
Everyone knows about right brain/left brain stuff. What surprised me today was how emotional I felt about my thumbs' positions  :)   Deliberately & repeatedly changing them caused feelings of unrest to bubble up. I was quite surprised. What more am I hiding from myself? And why should I want to hide when I am so much happier sharing and being open about myself??

No comments:

Post a Comment